Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Beef, Broccoli and The Pioneer Woman

I've decided my new favorite food-show host (besides Ina, obviously) is the Pioneer Woman. To be honest, I rarely watch her show on the Food Network, but I recently discovered she has a food blog. An awesome food blog. Her recipes use whole foods, butter, salt and produce that's in season. Yum. She is also hi-la-ri-ous. Seriously. I love reading her recipes posts.

Beef with Broccoli and Rice


Get in my mouth

Any who...I tried a beef and broccoli recipe from her blog last week (which was actually borrowed from Steamy Kitchen). It was delicious! Seriously, the best beef and broccoli recipe I have ever tried! I added a few touches of my own and I really believe you would pick my beef with broccoli over take-out any day. Fo real.

Beef with Broccoli
Makes 4 servings

INGREDIENTS

1 lb flank steak, thinly sliced into 1/8" strips
1 1/2 lbs broccoli, cut into bite-size florets
1 tbsp oil
1 tbsp minced garlic

Beef Marinade
1 1/2 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp oil (I used olive oil)
freshly ground black pepper to taste

Sauce
3 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tsp rice wine
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
2 tsp brown sugar (I added this to the recipe)

DIRECTIONS

Combine all the ingredients for the beef marinate in a bowl. Add the beef and let it marinate for 10 minutes at room temperature.

Combine the sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Set aside.

Boil 1 inch of water in a fry pan and add the broccoli. Steam for 3 minutes. Drain the broccoli and dry the pan.

On high heat, add oil to pan. Once hot, add garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Add steak and fry evenly for 30 seconds on each side.

Pour in the sauce and stir to combine. Simmer until the sauce thickens (this took me about 3 minutes). Add the broccoli and toss well.

Serve with rice and prepare for your mouthgasm.



See the Pioneer Woman's version here (plus all her witty comments) .







No comments:

Post a Comment