Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Easy Apple Tart



I love dessert. I usually find a way to eat dessert with every meal. Breakfast? Nutella on an english muffin. Lunch? Perhaps a sweet latte of sorts. Dinner? Well that's when the magic really happens. Dinner is when I really make that dessert count. You can always expect pie, ice cream and cookies at my house after dinner, probably all three.

Sometimes though, my sweet tooth kicks in and I just don't feel like spending two hours in the kitchen preparing a sweet masterpiece. On these occasions, this Easy Apple Tart comes into play. It's a fresh, delicious and homemade(?) recipe that takes no more than 30 minutes from start to finish. It also takes only four ingredients. Ya boi. Make this for your guests (or yourself) and compliments and happy bellies follow.

Easy Apple Tart
makes 4 servings

INGREDIENTS:

1 package frozen puff pastry (in frozen dessert aisle)
3 Granny Smith apples
4 tbsp butter
1/4 cup sugar

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Remove 1 sheet of puff pastry from the package and allow to thaw on the counter.

While pastry thaws, peel the skin from the apples and cut in half. Remove the seeds from the middle (I use a pairing knife) and finely slice them, about 1/8 inch thick.

Once pastry is thawed, unfold it so it lays flat. Cut the pastry in half, so you have two rectangles. Lay the sliced apples, in a line, in the middle of each pastry, leaving a one-inch border.

Slice 1/4 inch pads of butter. Put butter pads on top of apples on each tart. Sprinkle the sugar on top of each tart.

Bake for 20 minutes or until the puff pastry is golden and the apples are bubbling. Allow to cool and enjoy!


P.S. You noticed I didn't post yesterday? I'm sorry. Sometimes I make my own rules and then break them.




No comments:

Post a Comment