Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Natural Margarita


Margs are my favorite cocktail. I like them on the rocks, blended, salt, no salt, traditional or fruity. My love affair with the cocktail began in Fort Collins at a little place called The Rio. If you ever stop by, order a "Manberry" and prepare for mouthgasm. It will change your life.

I digress. Because I love margs and I want to be able to enjoy them whenever in the comfort of my own home, I have finally mastered the ultimate natural margarita recipe. This recipe has only four ingredients and is the perfect combination of tart to sweet. It is made up of all natural ingredients, so no need to worry about your typical, chemical-y marg mix. This recipe may or may not even be on par with The Rio. Big statement. I know. You'll just have to try it for yourself to find out...

Natural Margarita
makes 1 drink

INGREDIENTS:

2-3 limes
1 1/2 ounces tequila (I always use Hornitos, as it's the cheapest 100% agave tequila)
1 ounce triple sec (I use whatever- brand isn't as important)
1 tbsp agave nectar

DIRECTIONS:

Squeeze the juice out of the limes, using up to all 3 depending on how tart you like your margs (I like tart, so I use all three). Set the juice aside.

In a cocktail shaker, fill ice to the top (if you don't have a cocktail shaker like me, use a mason jar with a lid- the point is only that you need to be able to shake it). Add tequila, triple sec, lime juice and agave. Shake until frothy. Enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. This marg is legit! We are actually having a girls night this week with the m&m natty marg as the main course. :)

    ReplyDelete