Thursday, May 23, 2013

Thrifty Thursday: Black Halter Wrap Dress

Say you bought a dress your junior year of high school that you still have today. Say you bought that dress at Wet Seal, because Wet Seal was the jam back then. Say said dress was on clearance and it became yours for a thrifty $10. Say you have worn that dress every summer since then (that's ten summers). Say this whole scenario is actually me and my life. Say hello to my little friend...my $10, ten-year-old, black halter/wrap dress from Wet Seal. Boom. (Did you know it was me the whole time. Of course you did, because you're smart).

Making a $10, classy Wet Seal dress last ten years is all about buying in classic colors and shapes. Black will never go out of style, and this halter/wrap shape has been in fashion for 50 years, since Marilyn Monroe's days. Although the material (cotton) of this dress isn't the most luxurious, with some TLC, it has lasted far longer than I ever thought. The day I have to put this dress down will be the death of me.



Dress: Wet Seal, old (similar, mountain girl version!)
Shoes: Bass Outlet, old (similar)
Necklace: Borrowed from Mandi!
Bracelt: KJP 




1 comment:

  1. I had no idea you'd had this dress so long...and it was my favorite that you tried on!!

    ReplyDelete