Sunday, July 28, 2013

A Weekend in Salida

Salida IS my new favorite. Fo real, it's the jam. Have you ever been? It's the quaintest, most charming little river town in all of Colorado. I'll even go as far as saying, at the risk of sounding trite, I will have a third fourth home there one day. I can see it now. A charming farmhouse, along the edge of the Arkansas river, just outside of Salida, Colorado. You can totally visit if you want.

Seriously though, we stayed in Salida for my madre's birthday and had the best time. I loved the weather, the people, the river, the landscape, the food and the vibe.

We started our adventure on Saturday rafting Brown's Canyon. We took a guided tour and really enjoyed the small and "friendly" rapids along with our knowledgeable guide. After rafting, we drove down to Salida where we stayed at the cutest Days Inn motel I have ever seen, seriously, I was impressed. We showered, changed and headed downtown for some food and fun. We ate at the Boatyard Cantina and loved it! We sat at a table next to the river and enjoyed delicious food and great service. After dinner, we surprised my mom with her (our) favorite cake and champagne in the park. She was completely surprised and it really made her night. Sunday, we drove back downtown for breakfast. We ate at a River's Edge and enjoyed it even more than our dinner the night before. The ambiance of this restaurant was even better and we had the most delicious breakfast, not to mention their "juicy pour" mimosas were only $3! After breakfast, we walked by the river and let Zig swim for a while, then shopped all the boutiques. One thing that is on my agenda for next time is to float the Arkansas via intertube. Floating is apparently what all the locals do, and if there's one thing I love to be, it's local!

Overall, our weekend was fabulous and I don't know if our destination could have been any more perfect. Next weekend you want to get away, check out Salida (and make sure to call me because I'll want to go too).









No comments:

Post a Comment