Tuesday, August 13, 2013

5:00 A.M. Hiking


Because I have a nasty habit of saying I'm going to do something and then not following through see here), I wanted to wait awhile before I shared my new routine with you. But it's officially bloaggable folks. I have been waking up at 5:00 a.m. for the last month to go hiking before work. Brown chicken, brown cow.

As many of you know, I have moved back home...into my parents house. Yes, this 26 year old chick is sleeping in the same room that she spend the first 17 years of her life. Besides obvious perks of living at home, like free rent and endless snack options, my favorite and least expected perk is hiking with my mom and dogs every morning at 5:00 am. I know what you're thinking. 5:00 am? That's ungodly, that's too early, that's practically a sin. And I used to agree with you.

I'm not what you would call "a morning person." Although I'm not the kind of girl who sleeps until noon, I'm  certainly don't look or feel like my typical perky self until after 8:00 am. My favorite way to wake up is leisurely around 8:30am, lounging in bed and watching Girls until the urge to pee gets so bad I must get out of bed.

But now, Monday through Friday, this grumpy morning girl wakes up at 5am and goes hiking with her mom and pups. Not only do I like it, but I love it. I love the cool temps in the morning, as outside activity becomes unbearable to me past 10am during Colorado summers. I love being awake to watch the sunrise over the mountains. I love the quiet. I love feeling like a rockstar when I get home and have my workout behind me and it's only 6:45am. Hiking at 5:00 am rocks, and I highly encourage you all to try it.

 July 3rd sunrise...it was light when I would wake up, which made it easier to get out of ma bed.

 July 8th...this is my morning face. Get used to it. Also my mom is also gorgeous.

July 9th...I love 5:00 am hiking!

 July 10th...5:00 am hiking sucks.

 July 15th-ish...the super moon! That was cool!

 July 18th...at least I'm awake for some gawgeous sunrises.

July 22nd...mom fell asleep.

 July 25th...Stella and Zig love 5am hiking.

July 28th...can't get Nora Jones outta ma head.

July 30th...Why am I doing this? What has my life come to???


August 5th...a foggy 5am hike. Eerily spooky, but beautiful.

August 5th...more 5am hiking, and my maja's smexy leggies.

August 7th...officially dark until we get to the trailhead.


August 12th...still looking good, but can't wait for the day it's too dark to continue...




2 comments:

  1. My favorite time to work out is 5am.....we are getting old ashhy. PS - you were wearing the same shirt July 9th & 10th..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. i always wondered what the trick was to the beautiful penman bods...

    ReplyDelete